CLOSETS & HOME
This season, all of the best-dressed closets will be custom-designed by the professional designers at Island Enclosures.
When you're organized, everything else falls into place!
We have affordable pricing, fast turn around and are guaranteed for life! Call Island Enclosures at 251-968-9777 for a free custom closet consultation.
PANTRY, CLOSETS, GARAGE, OR OFFICE SYSTEMS & MORE.
|• Endless Colors – Endless Combinations
||• Stylish Craftsmanship
||• Customized Based on Your Needs
Helpful tips to keep your closet organized:
Step 1: Examine all of those things that you know you will never wear again, such as:
• Anything with a stain that won't come out.
• Anything with a hole that can't be hidden or mended.
• Anything that looks great on the hanger but you never actually wear.
• Old, shabby clothing or accessories that only have sentimental value.
• Clothing that has been slightly too tight—for the past five years.
• Shoes that are worn beyond repair (turned up toes, overly worn soles, scuffs that can't be polished).
• Clothing that is noticeably lower in quality from things you are buying now.
Go ahead, toss it, you'll feel better.
Next steps for consistent, thorough organization:
• Hang separates such as skirts, blouses and jackets in groups of similar items to help you see more combinations.
• Don't stack or hang items that shed like angora or mohair near ones that attract like corduroy or velvet.
• Don't hide things away in drawers that can be easily folded and displayed on open shelves.
• Don't hang sweaters or knits, fold them to maintain their shape.
• Store special occasion shoes in labeled boxes on higher shelves. Use lower shelves for everyday shoes.
• Fold scarves flat and place on the shelf between your double hang sections.
• Belts with large or awkward buckles that won't fit on belt racks can be coiled and stored on shelves.
• Store purses flat and loosely stuffed with tissues to retain their shape.
• To avoid snags, store hosiery in clear plastic bags or dedicated hosiery drawers.
• Don't squash too many items on a shelf or into a hanging area to avoid crushing or wrinkling.
• Don't be hesitant to continually update your wardrobe by removing those items rarely worn or out-of-date as you add new items.
• Experiment! Move things around, try new ways to maximize your storage space while preserving the condition of your belongings.